Propelling nonprofit managers forward in their careers...

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Power of Positivity... Is real!

I'm so excited for tomorrow's Emerging Leaders Session! I read the book review last weekend on Positivity. As I was reading it, I was giddy with anticipation. The sheer thought of increasing my positivity, increased my positivity!  Being aware of your mood, your feelings, and what you are giving off to others really flips a switch inside.

I decided to take the positivity self test once at the binging of the week and again towards the end. It is fascinating how being aware of your own positivity levels, can really alter your state of thinking as well as productivity. I wonder if that's why I have the energy to write this blog entry now! :)

This session comes at such an opportune time; not only because it's our busiest time of year at iMentor, as we're matching thousands of High School students with mentors and launching numerous  large scale events (7+ in 3 months just at my school) but for life in general. 

A long time ago, I used to think positivity was limited. Example:  if I spent all my positive points at work, I wouldn't have enough left over for my personal life. So you had to spread them out. How in the world I did that I'm not sure.

I don't want to trudge around at home being negative and as we spend the majority of our time at our respective work places (typically 30 % - 45%) I don't want to be negative there either. I fancy the thought that positivity breeds more positivity and can create boundless positive reactions and cause us to flourish in our lives and professions.  It can be hard at first to uplift your own spirit and bring positivity to everything you do and to bring others with you but once you start it's hard to stop! I can't wait to hear every one's thoughts on the positivity ratios and hopefully Yael has some great tips on how to boost our own ratios!

Sending Happy Positive thoughts to all my fellow Emerging Leaders tonight!

See you in the AM,
Rossdlyn Palacio

No comments:

Post a Comment